The chapel of the “Saint-Suaire” (Saint Shroud)
South of the circular surrounding wall of the castle’s parch, at about few tenths of metres from the Ôla, there is the chapel os the Saint Shroud ( lo Sèn-Chouéo). This building between the many chapels of the village deserves to be mentioned because it is one of the oldest chapels in Aosta Valley. Wanted by the Sarriods of Introd, its building was made in the second half of the XV century. It was consecrated to the Saint Shroud, in honour of the owners of the relic the dukes of Savoy, who the Sirs of Introd were very in touch with.
Many times restored -the first operation is dated 1508-1510- the chapel of the Saint Shroud, recently restored by the municipal administration, holds since many years many exhibitions in the summer.
Historical curiosity: sin the outside a wood cross is raised up on a rectangular stone which, during the funerals, the coffin was put on for the last pause, waiting the parish priest who was coming down from the church to accompany the dead on his last trip. This custom went on until nowadays (the last burial that maintained this ritual was celebrated on March 31st 2000), after then it was abolished because of the troubles it caused…to the circulation in the street!
The village of “Les Combes” is located on a morainic buttress along the central valley…
The massif of Mont Blanc, with its gorgeous chain of 4000 m. (twelve of them…
Le petit coin de Maison ChanteLune
N. TVA 01061370076
+39 338 3435889