The castle of Introd was built by the noble Pierre Sarriod, Marc’s son, around 1260. His descendants lived there until 1910. The main tour seems older. A document of 1244, about the authorisation a “sublimandi atque merlificandi turrim” (to raise up and to provide the tower with merlons ) is probably related to this tour. Originally the castle showed a eight-sided shape, as proved by the many pictures from the beginning of the century. In 1910, its structure had deep restorations that changed his appearance.
The castle, that is actually a property of the Caracciolo family from Napoli, will soon be opened to the public
The village of “Les Combes” is located on a morainic buttress along the central valley…
The massif of Mont Blanc, with its gorgeous chain of 4000 m. (twelve of them…
Le petit coin de Maison ChanteLune
N. TVA 01061370076
+39 338 3435889