The county town is connected to the other villages in the bottom of the valley by two bridges built on the river of Rhêmes.
The Pon Noù (the new bridge)
« Effort uni d’habitants, valeur des représentents M. Chev.J, Briul syndic- G. Rattone député, douèrent la commune d’Introd de cette remarquable constrution… »
Realised during the First World War, on an abyss of more than 80 m., where a century before George Brunet thought it, an inhabitant very original of Introd, this bridge is a real masterwork of architecture. The building works started July 5th 1915 and ended a year later. For the huge scaffolding in wood, 8m of width and 34m. of length, they used entire logs. The stones used for this work have been taken from the near village Norat.
The Pon Vioù (the old bridge)
This bridge in stone was realised during 1827-28 years. Until 1916 represented for the people who came from the villages to the bottom of the valley the only entry-way to the county town. On the parapet, in the bridge’s centre, a beautiful cross in stone raises up; as the popular believing it was built in memory of the death of a man who fell down in the abyss: a worker who was dismantling the scaffolding of the bridge or a shepherd who fell down with a young bullock that he was trying to save.
Historical curiosity: the old bridge replaced an older wood bridge (of XVI century), you can still see the shoulders of it, nearby the actual one. From very old documents this wood bridge was known as the “Big Introd’s bridge”.
The village of “Les Combes” is located on a morainic buttress along the central valley…
The massif of Mont Blanc, with its gorgeous chain of 4000 m. (twelve of them…
Le petit coin de Maison ChanteLune
N. TVA 01061370076
+39 338 3435889