Nearby the castle there is a gorgeous construction in stone and wood, once used by Sarriods as a barn. By a small door one can gain access to the two halls that are in the basement. These halls have slits, today completely buried. For sure made before 1582, this building was realized on an older structure. A document in parchment, dated 1387, shows the sentence of a process between the nobleman Eustache Sarriod and Vuillermet Gontar for a stealing of wheat and wool that was perpetrated in a barn owned by the first one: that could easily be related to this construction.
Restored at the beginning of the last century, The Introd’s barn represents nowadays the best example of a Middle Age wood architecture in the region.
The village of “Les Combes” is located on a morainic buttress along the central valley…
The massif of Mont Blanc, with its gorgeous chain of 4000 m. (twelve of them…
Le petit coin de Maison ChanteLune
N. TVA 01061370076
+39 338 3435889